The clock is ticking!!! If you wish to make your holiday season merrier at your workplace, don’t afford to ignore the guidelines below for improving efficiency.
Grand office celebrations, surprise gifts from professional Santas and year-end bonuses, makes holiday season the most wonderful part of the year but probably it can be the most haywire period too in business. Holiday excitement can not only be seen in school going kids, even working people confront the same enthusiasm for holiday season. Thus, distraction at work is a universal sentiment.
Business calendar is generally overloaded with endless chores during holiday season. For companies, it is the best time to augment their business, especially for retail line. More than the change in office décor, change can be noticed in productivity. Downturn in productivity is a common scenario at workplace during the holiday season. Instead of getting upset of the situation, managers or entrepreneurs should find effective ways to turn the stressful situation into cheerful one. Small businesses should embrace enjoyable ways to sustain productivity at workplace. Holiday season should work as an advantage and not as drawback.
First prioritize the tasks:
Holiday season is actually the busiest time of the year and since being a year end, it is essential to wrap up with all pending tasks.
- Though, the atmosphere will be at sixes and sevens, everybody would be busy planning for taking leave for festive season, it is essential to prioritize tasks of your team
- As a leader or manager, you should ensure that all tasks are completed before the employees go on leave
- Sit and create a priority list with your team and start performing the duties accordingly
- Don’t bring the employees under-pressure, maintain a chilled out environment
- Do not utilize this period of year to launch new projects or taking up initiatives as it can be very challenging and unattainable too
- Just focus on completing projects that are already in your hand
Welcome the festive mood in your workplace:
All work and no play will make the office atmosphere traumatic.
- Create festive atmosphere at your workplace itself, so that the employees can enjoy their work
- The best way to keep the productivity flowing is by organizing small and fun-filled competitions that will encourage teamwork
- You can be your office Santa and give gifts to the team or employees who perform best or complete the task within the time frame
- You can also celebrate by going out for lunch or dinner after the goal gets accomplished
- You can reduce the stress level and create a festive atmosphere by playing cheerful tunes, allotting Santa pens, Santa caps or any office equipments designed particularly for Christmas or you can take the employees for festive shopping on some afternoon
This will reduce the stress level and add more enthusiasm in work. Just make sure that the employees do not get carried away.
Don’t allow the employees to do homework:
Children are always uninterested to do homework; similarly doing work from home is also a mind-numbing task, particularly in a holiday mood.
- Just because the employees are not able to perform work in office, you cannot let them take it home as the distraction level is high in your comfort zone
- Never give work-from-home chores to the employees during the festive season
- It is impossible to work in an atmosphere where everybody is busy shopping, cooking delicacies or decorating home
- Try completing tasks at office itself and let them enjoy the festival with family
Build the thrill level at work by letting the employees what excitement have you planned for them.
- Organize Christmas and New Year Bash, bring gifts for everybody, organize games etc
- Let the employees know once they are done with their duties, great excitement is waiting ahead for them
This anticipation will keep them energetic at work and lead to complete the tasks productively
Holiday is that part of the year where your productivity can either get drained or can be amplified, it depends on how you handle the situation. Relaxed work environment is essential to maintain productivity at workplace. Encourage the employees and keep the workplace energetic so that the employees can enjoy as well as work efficiently.